Myra's Kitchen Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myra's Kitchen Stuff

This is just a place for me to keep my recipes and notes straight, and to share them if anyone would like to look

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Enchilada Bake (vegan)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
myrab51
Admin
myrab51

Enchilada Bake (vegan) Empty
PostSubject: Enchilada Bake (vegan)   Enchilada Bake (vegan) EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:40 pm

12 oz. vegetarian burger crumbles
1 packet taco seasoning
2 15.5-oz. cans enchilada sauce
18 corn tortillas
2 15.5-oz. cans pinto beans, drained
2 green onions, chopped
2 cups vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
1 4.5-oz. can diced green chilies
2 cups Fritos corn chips, finely crushed

• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• In a small bowl, combine the burger crumbles and taco seasoning and set aside.
• Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with oil.
• In layers, spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce, 6 corn tortillas, 2 cans of pinto beans, a handful of green onion, a third of the shredded “cheese,” half the can of green chilies, lots more enchilada sauce, 6 more tortillas, all the seasoned burger crumbles, another third of the “cheese,” the remaining green chilies, more enchilada sauce, then the final 6 tortillas, more enchilada sauce, and the rest of the “cheese.” Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
• Remove the foil, top the entire casserole with the Fritos, and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Back to top Go down
https://myrab51.forumotion.com
myrab51
Admin
myrab51

Enchilada Bake (vegan) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchilada Bake (vegan)   Enchilada Bake (vegan) EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:56 pm

After making this a few times, I have to say everyone in the house prefers it without the Fritos on top. If you really like to have something crunchy, you may like them, but otherwise, it is okay to skip the chips. Seeing that my daughter and husband don't do well with spicy, I have quit adding the peppers as well.

Also, I was out of a couple of things when I made this recipe this evening. I only had one can of pinto beans to start with. I substituted a can of black beans. I dumped both cans in a colander together, rinsed, and drained them. It tasted good, and it the contrasting colors looked pretty cool.

The other thing I was out of was taco seasoning. I used a really good recipe that I got off of AllRecipes.com. You can find it here. I didn't add the red pepper flakes, and I crushed everything with a pestle.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

We served them with sweet corn cakes, and watched Zorro.

Enchilada Bake (vegan) VeganEnchillada
Back to top Go down
https://myrab51.forumotion.com

Enchilada Bake (vegan)
Page 1 of 1